- Make a sandwich more fun to eat by cutting it into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Have your child add foods that he or she would like in their lunch to the grocery list.
- Make fruit and vegetables more appealing by adding a sidekick (carrots paired with ranch dressing, celery and peanut butter, apples and cheese).
- Take your child to Breadsmith and have them sample & choose their sandwich bread.
- Save some whole-grain bread that is a few days old and make it into bread crumbs (mix it with your favorite spices for chicken, fish or even meatballs).
- Let kids choose a new food such as bread, a new yogurt flavor or a new whole-grain cereal to try during the week.